Floyd Puts Students First
From the youngest students with the sniffles to the oldest who may suffer from a pulled muscle,
Floyd is honored to have the privilege of providing health care services for the Polk School District.
Our school nurses assist students who take medications and also offer advice to families about health care issues. In the event of an emergency, they are also available to help ensure the safety of students.
Tifani Dodd, a school nurse at Cedartown Middle School used albuterol and a nebulizer to help a student who was having breathing difficulties after boarding a school bus.
At Cedartown and Rockmart High Schools, our athletic trainers work to prevent students from getting hurt and can help an injured athlete get back into the game.
- Nebulizers and albuterol to help children who have asthma or other breathing problems
- EpiPens to treat allergic reactions
- Automated external defibrillators, which can help restore normal heart rhythm
- Ambulance service at many sporting events
- Stop the Bleed kits
- Equipment for health care classes
Through our partnership with the Polk School District, Floyd is able to continue its mission of being responsive to the health care needs in our community.