Make a Difference
Volunteers at Polk Medical Center play an integral role in our mission, sharing their time and talents to enhance the customer experience. Community volunteers make a difference every day.
Opportunities for volunteering include:
- Retail specialists to help out in our gift shop
- Clerical helpers to answer phones and assist with mailings
- Greeters to escort patients and to provide them with reading materials
Join Our Volunteer Corps
We take pride in our volunteers who graciously contribute their talents throughout the organization in our continuing support of excellence. Because of the investment we make in our volunteers, we ask that they meet the following requirements:
- Adult volunteers must be 18 or older.
- Adults are asked to commit to serving an average of four hours each week or 100 total hours each year, for a minimum of one year.
- College students must be 18 years of age or older and are asked to commit to serve for a three-month period.
- Teen volunteers must be 16 years of age or older and serve only during the summer months. Only a select group of teens is chosen for service.
All volunteers must complete an application, undergo a criminal background check, complete a two-part orientation course and pass a tuberculosis (TB) skin test.
If you have questions or wish to begin the volunteer application process, call our Volunteer Services department at 706.509.5109 or email us.