Local residents in need of blood work and other lab services can find a convenient option at the Laboratory at Polk Medical Center. Our professional phlebotomists can also collect specimens to send to other labs for study.
Accredited by The Joint Commission, our staff provides lab collections and testing for inpatient, emergency and outpatient services:
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Complete metabolic panel (CMP)
- Cholesterol testing
- Cross-matching for blood transfusion
- Glucose and A1C levels
- Glucose tolerance testing
- PT (prothrombin) testing for Coumadin patients
- Serology (antibody) testing
Most laboratory services do not require an appointment, but orders from a doctor are needed. Due to test requirements, glucose tolerance tests and therapeutic phlebotomies must be scheduled in advance.
Outpatient services are available Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
For questions or more information about specific tests, call 770.749.4050. Physician orders may be faxed to 770.749.4051.