The hospital-based subacute rehabilitation program at Polk Medical Center helps patients build the strength and balance they need to return home or to a residential facility after surgery, an illness, injury or other medical procedure.
Our program offers rehabilitative care in a hospital setting. This gives patients immediate access to the medical care and support needed to quickly return to an appropriate level of independence:
- Frequent visits by a rehabilitation physician
- Multidisciplinary, collaborative team approach
- Specially trained nurses and therapists
- Weekly team conferences
- Therapy gymnasium equipped with proven rehabilitation technology
- Low nurse-to-patient ratios